Hi Foodies ^_^
Overnight oats are seriously the easiest breakfast ever, you just have to throw a couple of ingredients in a jar before going to bed, and in the next morning your breakfast is ready to grab-and-go. And the combination of ingredients is endless!!!
If you’ve never heard of overnight oats before, it’s basically a no-cook method of making oatmeal. Instead of cooking your oats with liquid on the stove, you mix rolled oats with the liquid and other mix-ins, and let it rest in the fridge overnight.
Here is a suggestion for a easy and delicious overnight oat recipe:
– 1/2 cup dry oats
– 1 cup coconut-rice milk Or water Or any other milk you like
– 2 teaspoons chia seeds
– 1 teaspoon of cacao powder
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
-1/2 cup fruits (frozen or fresh). I used a mix of frozen strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc
- Mix the oats, chia seeds, cacao powder, and milk together in a cup (or in a bowl, jar…)
- Add the vanilla extract, and fresh lemon juice, and mix.
- Add the fruits, fresh or frozen. You can also add nuts, cinnamon.
- Cover the cup (bowl, jar) with a lid or a transparent wrapping paper.
- Leave it to soak in the fridge overnight.
- In the next morning, it’s read to eat and enjoy. You can either eat it straight out of the jar or warm it out. You can also add some toppings, such as nuts, fresh fruits, etc. Side note: if it’s a bit too thick in consistence for your taste, just add a little of milt/water.
Let me know if you try! I would love to hear from you.
See you soon XOX