While I was still thinking what was I going to add to the food category and found out my mom was going to do stuffed squid… so I basically followed her around taking pictures… Here’s the recipe:
1.2 kg Squids The stuffing:
1 onion Tentacles of 1.2 Kg squid
2 cloves garlic ½ Portuguese Chourizo sausage
Olive oil 150g of Bacon
2 tomatoes 1 bread (buy at least the day before)
Piri-piri sauce Milk
Massa de Pimentão (Red Bell Pepper Paste sauce) 1 onion
Salt 1 clove garlic
Parsley Olive oil
1. For the stuffing, chop one onion, one clove of garlic, the chourizo, bacon and the tentacles from the squids.
2. On low heat, add the olive oil and the finely chopped onion. Let it cook until onion translucent and then add the chopped garlic. Add the chourizo and let it cook for 5min, before adding the bacon. Let it cook for 15-20min.
3. Cut the bread into pieces and soak it in warm milk. Add the soaked bread into the stuffing, mixed and let the stuffing cold down.
Assembling and cooking the squids
1.Stuff the squid with the mixture and secure using a wooden cocktail stick. Leave around 1/5 of the squid empty, so that while cooking the squid do not crack.
2. On low heat, add the olive oil and the finely chopped onion. Add garlic.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes and let it cook, on a low heat, for 15-20 minutes. Add piri-piri, Massa de Pimentão(Red Bell Pepper Paste), salt and 2 glasses of white onion. Let it cook for 10min. Mix the tomate sauce.
4. Add the stuffed squids and cover with a lid. Let them cook for about 20min. 5min before turning off, add chopped parsley.
Serve with boiled potatoes, mashed potatoes or rice.